- I believe any child can learn music: any age, any background, any learning style.
- I believe online music education is a unique way of learning for those who just need a different option.
- I believe that every school should have access to quality music curriculum.
- I believe teacher’s shouldn’t feel frustrated with how to come up with weekly lesson plans.
- I believe teacher’s can have music education videos for when they have a substitute.
- I believe that parents who don’t know much about music CAN help your child practice and learn music from home.
- I believe student’s can learn music online with the help of a quality and certified teacher.
On this site, you will find ideas for teaching in your home school or classroom, video lessons for children, and lesson plans that include the National Music Standards.
I am a HUGE advocate for learning music through private lessons, school music classes, and ensembles. Music teachers are one of a kind and reach children the way no one else can. While supporting teachers and traditional learning opportunities, I am wanting to offer another way of learning through videos and courses. If your child, or you as a parent or teacher, need music lessons or a curriculum, you have come to the right place.
So who is The Domestic Musician you may ask?
My name is Jessica Peresta and I am a music teacher, mom of 3 little dudes, and wife to one tall dude. I’m a Netflix binging, sushi eating, worship band playing, nature loving, football watching kind of gal. I LOVE teaching and inspiring others and am in love with all things music.
I have years of experience in:
- PIANO-played and took lessons from the age of 6, won numerous competition awards, taught lessons privately and in a studio, accompanist for musicals, choirs and soloists
- BAND-played clarinet in marching band, concert band, and orchestra through college, and was either 1st or 2nd chair
- TEACHING-got my Bachelors degree in Music Education and was 3 credits short of having another degree in Piano Performance, won the Top Music Education major and 20th Century competition awards, started up an elementary music program at a public school, taught for 7 years while earning the Teacher of the Year and Teacher of Today awards, am a certified K-12 music teacher and Orff level 1 certified